As far as I was aware, the point of a passport photograph was to show a true likeness of a person. However with all the silly regulations, people no longer look like themselves.
- Don’t smile or even express any emotion!
- Hair back from your face (ie change your hairstyle)!?
- Must be a certain size but cannot be trimmed!
- Don’t open your mouth!
- Look straight into the camera, only forward facing (after all its the only direction we move in!)
- They even recommend removing your specs as you cannot have glare, reflection and frames must not cover your eyes!
And they don’t even allow Muslim women to have covered faces. Is that not offensive to them?
Yet recently a 5 year old girl had her photo rejected because her shoulders were visible and it might be offensive to Muslims?